Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Sunday, July 6, 2008

On-site caricature service at IMM Jurong.

Date of event: 4 July 2008 Fri.
Venue: Crystal Jade Dining Place Restaurant,IMM,Jurong Singapore.
Duration: 1 hour (7.45pm to 8.45pm).

This was the first time I did an event that required me to draw only one person on the spot in colour.The purpose of the caricature was meant as a surprise retirement gift for a senior staff of Exxonmobil Singapore.A 3-table dinner was attended by colleagues from his dept.When I reached the private room,everybody has been seated.I looked around & felt that it was extremely difficult to draw as he was chatting happily with everybody & kept moving about.So I suggested to the client that it's better for me to take a picture of the subject & draw from my laptop screen at a separate table as I've come prepared.My suggestion was also to let him continue to enjoy himself without disruption.The caricature took a longer time than usual for me to complete simply b'cos I was not used to the arrangement & environment.
After completion of the artwork,the client handed me with a picture frame which she brought along.Together,we put everything in place before being officially presented to him,the retiring man.

The restaurant entrance.


The subject.He told me to draw him with more black hair.


The photo which I took.


Work just started in black & white.


The colouring process.


Everybody was waiting for the food to be served.


The finished artwork before framming.Somebody commented it looked 10 years younger than his age...(laugh).




















Last of all,the presentation.

No comments: