Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

On-site portrait sketching service.

Event: Molteni & C - Grand Openning.
Date of event: 1 Dec 2010 (Wednesday).
Venue: Newton 200.
Duration: 7.00pm to 10.00pm (3 hours).
Average drawing speed: 10 minutes per head.

My portrait & caricature artist friend, Jit, & myself were hired for this portrait sketching event on the 1st day of Dec. We were given only 10 minutes to finish every guest. A super fast job I ever done as far as portrait sketching is concern. Normally, we need about 20 minutes for every head drawn but since this was the client's request, I had tried my best to come up with portrait work with minimal shading especially on the faces. It was like racing against time, no fun.
Upon arrival, the client told Jit that we could do caricature if we wanted to but I opted for the portrait simply because the tool that I brought was meant for sketching. At the same time, I wanted to challenge myself to finsh every piece in 10 minutes. The result was not so satisfying but at least I did it within the given time. Another personal achievement I supposed.
When I realised that the invited guests were mostly architects & interior designers, I told Jit that we were also part of them as Jit used to be an architect & me, an interior designer. What an event for both of us...LOL

The venue as seen from the main road.


The trendy interior of Molteni & C.


The arrival of the guests.


Here are 7 of my portrait works for your viewing.










































































































































Jit in action.


Me in action.


Portrait & caricature artist in Singapore.

No comments: