Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Saturday, December 4, 2010

On-site caricature drawing service.

Event: Autism Association(Singapore)- Staff Dinner 2010.
Date of event: 19 Nov 2010 (Friday).
Venue: Glass Atrium, National Museum of Singapore.
Duration: 6.15pm to 7.15pm (1 hour).
Average drawing speed: 6 minutes per head.

Jit & I were hired separately by the client for this event that required 3 caricaturists. The 3rd artist was Jit's sister who surprised me with her ability to draw caricature too. As that day was a hot day & he couldn't find any caricaturist, his sister came in as a back up. I was a bit moody because just when the session started, I received a phone call from the Prime Minister's Office asking me to alter something on an artwork which I was doing for them at that time. As the the task was a difficult one, my mind was not fully focus on the drawings then but the show must go on & it did went on smoothly. Immediately after the show, I rushed back to my studio to meet up with that person to solve the problem.
As a professional caricaturist, you've no choice but to carry on doing the job till the end even though your mind is somewhere else but I guess my quality of drawing was not affected by the distraction.

The museum facade.


The event backdrop.



The queue was not formed yet when we started the session.


Selected are 5 of my caricatures for your viewing.



































































































All the guests were seated while our session ended.


Portrait & caricature artist in Singapore.

No comments: