Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Monday, August 25, 2008

Photographs taken as a hobby.

Fullerton Hotel is one of the most photographed building in Singapore amongst pro as well as amateur photographers.It's a popular building simply because of the architecture with many huge Roman columns around it.From a distance,it looks like a piece of huge decorative cake.I took these pictures in the night b'cos I feel that low light photography is always a challenge & very satisfying if the result turns out to be good.The exterior was taken using my Semi-pro Sony camera DSC-H7(8 Mega Pixels) & the interior was taken using my humble Compact Sony DSC-W3(6 Mega Pixels).
When I snapped the interior shots,it reminded me of those hotel projects in which I was involved during my employment as an interior designer some years ago.Some of these local hotels that have my touch in it were Orchard Parade,Grand Plaza,Carlton Hotel,the demolished Scotts Service Apartment & the recently renovated Marina Mandarin in which I was involved in the detailing of the whole lobby area & the Brasserie.

The golden Fullerton looks great.I like the interesting reflection on the water.


The Fullerton as it is.


The other side of the building.


The beautifully designed lobby lounge area with a high ceiling.


The console taken from the glass railing that overlooking it.


The staircase with an interesting marble finished floor pattern that was symmetrically captured.


Another view of the staircase from a different angle.

Camera used:Sony DSC-H7 & DSC-W3.

No comments: