Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Individual portrait done from photograph.

A3 size portrait of an Indian lady.
Medium used: Water-colour on white paper.
Client's purpose: Birthday gift.

The water colour medium is not among my range of mediums being offered in my website.However,special request for it can be arranged if you are interested.To many people,water colour seems to be an easy medium to master.In actual fact,it's quite a difficult medium to handle especially for painting portraits.A lot of patience needed in order to come up with a good art piece.When I started learning it a few years back,some local artists who were with me then tried to discourage me by saying it's very difficult simply b'cos they failed.I went ahead anyway as I've succeeded in learning so many other mediums such as soft-pastel,acrylic & oil paint which were far more difficult than this.I took only a short time to explore the character of water colour & produced paintings that I considered good enough for me to recommend this particular medium to my clients although it is still not up to world standard.It had somehow upset those so called artists who were trying to discourage me initially, b'cos to them my ability to handle so many mediums is a threat & has made them feel small or lousy although it was never my intention to do so.They hated me ever since & one of them even indirectly criticized & insulted me in many of his blog posts recently.I'll go more into this issue in my coming posts soon,it's quite lengthy.But to me,my latest water colour medium has added to my variety of mediums used for my clients to choose from. Business minded ma...


No comments: