Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Thursday, May 1, 2008

Caricature of an army officer.

A4 size caricature showing the character of an army officer.
Medium used: Colour-pencil on white paper.
Type: Face with cartoon body & background.
Client's purpose: As a gift for their superior.

The client was actually a group of army boys who had done the same caricature from another source before they approached me to redraw it. The reason for the redrawing was it didn't had even a slight resemblance to their boss. Moreover, the quality of the drawing was poor too. Thus they dare not present it to him ( lau kui mah)...
So, before you order a caricature from a cheaper source, think twice, otherwise you may have to spend more instead of saving some money. This client was lucky enough to have it drawn only once before they approach me, some have spent a fortune. They even showed me those drawings done by other artists they found earlier & feel very disappointed 'cos they dare not present the caricatures to their CEOs or some VIPs.
I've a few such clients recently & I'll be posting them for your viewing from time to time.
Usually after collecting the artworks from my studio, they would thank me for my help & I feel good too to see their satisfaction & money well spent. I'm very proud to say that throughout the decade in business, 95% of my customers walk out of my studio with smiles on their faces. It's a big achievement for an artist, frankly.

No comments: