Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Monday, November 3, 2008

On-site caricature drawing service.

Event: Kids' birthday party.
Date of event: 26 Oct 2008 Sunday.
Venue: Rivervale Condo,Sengkang, Singapore.
Duration: 2 hours (11.30am to 1.30pm).
Average drawing speed: 8 minutes per head.

The client Michelle found my contact thru the internet & called me for a booking just a few days before the event. She requested me to draw all the kids at her 2-year old daughter's birthday party.There were more than 10 toddlers who came with their parents. Through my experience, kids are extremely difficult to capture simply b'cos they can't sit still so I suggested to take pictures of them & draw from my laptop screen instead. To take photos of toddlers was a challenge b'cos in order to get them to look at my camera, it wasted some time. After the session, I realised that drawing using images takes a longer time to complete compared to the sit & pose method. I was regretting a little by suggesting to draw them this way as I'd to spend about half an hour extra on the job including taking pictures of every one of them without extra fee. No choice lor, what to do...but what they got were better quality drawings.
The event was held at the function hall beside the swimming pool. I was alone then & didn't have enough time to take photos of those artworks I did, too bad. However I only managed to snap some pictures of the atmosphere as well as the surroundings during the event.


The main entrance of the condo.


A worm's eye view of the block I was directed to.


The function hall.


This is the birthday girl.


I was drawing at the corner with no disturbance.


The atmosphere during the party.

No comments: