Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Portrait sketching done live at Portrait Studio Singapore

This couple came for holiday from Dubai. They save the last day of their stay in Singapore to have a portrait sketch by me before flying back home.The husband was easier for me to capture the resemblance but not his wife. Pretty women always give me the pressure to perform 'cos they're more demanding than men.Too old cannot lah, too fat cannot lah & so on...alamak! So ngiow...Anyway, they accepted them happily & left with a souvenir that cost S$35 each from Singapore.

This lady told me that she wanted to bring this portrait masterpiece back home to London.
If she didn't say so, I thought she was a local as she looks too Singaporean to me. So do not judge a book by it's cover.During the session, she kept telling me to draw her at least 10 years younger. What do you think ?
This young girl is from Turkey, I guess, 'cos she couldn't really speak English. We used sign language instead.Not even her father who came with her could communicate well with me. Upon completion,they just paid S$35 & went off. That's what matters most,right?

These are a few live portraits I did recently for some tourists at my shop in Far East Plaza. The medium I used was pencil or graphite on A4 size paper. For live sketching,this is the only medium I offer. the reason is that it's the fastest as I cannot spend too much time on the subject otherwise they would doze off in my shop. Approximate time of completion is 20 mins.FYI, I've not been sketching live for sometime 'cos I've got too many backlogs to catch up.I'm referring to those orders to be drawn from customers' photographs. I only agree to do it only when I'm not too busy & these people got the chance to witness my artistic hand at work.
If you're thinking of bringing a photogragh for me to draw on the spot, I'm afraid I may have to disappoint you 'cos to draw from photos, it needs more time & the result is of course better. I would suggest that you make an order & wait for around 1 to 2 weeks for collection. Express service is available if you need it in a hurry.You can call me to check the rate.

No comments: