Since 1998

Since 1998
Singapore

Welcome to Singapore Portrait & Caricature artist Reggie Wan's Blog

Portrait Studio Singapore is where you can do a portrait or caricature from your photos as a gift for your loved ones,friends,colleagues & business associates for all occassions such as birthday,wedding,farewell,house warming & etc.There is a variety of mediums used for your choice.

Bookings for on-site caricature service for corporate events,wedding,d & d, etc are also available.Feel free to visit our website http://www.iportraitstudio.com for more samples as well as rates.

For enquiry,please send your email to reggiewan@yahoo.com.



Sunday, March 23, 2008

More About Me

Hi, my name is Reggie Wan, a self-taught portrait & caricature artist as well as the founder of Portrait Studio Singapore,established since 1998. Born in Ipoh, Malaysia in 1963, a Singapore PR since 1990. I have been drawing portrait as a hobby since I was 10 years old. During the 70's,I've won many prizes drawing portraits of movie stars as well as famous singers in magazines such as Movie News,Fanfare,etc.
Working as an Interior Designer for 16 years before trying my luck in doing what I like most,the so-called portrait art.It has given me self satisfaction of being able to capture human features to near perfection.The most challenging part is the level of resemblance I can achieve, all by my bare hand. A rare hand indeed.
From the beginning,I started using pencil to sketch my portraits using grid lines & gradually learning to sketch with free hand before upgrading to using charcoal & soft-pastel mediums. After I set up my studio in Far East Plaza, I realised that I didn't have enough variety to offer my customers.In order to be more versatile,I explored into more mediums such as acrylic & oil paint on canvass & recently watercolor. Along the way,I've also explored into another form of art called 'Caricature' or 'Cartoonistic Portrait' which is very popular among people from the corporate world in Singapore.

Although my main interest is all about human features, I'm able to paint scenery & other stuff like hand-drawn illustrations upon request.

During my career as a portrait & caricature artist in Singapore, I've been featured many times in the local newspapers & magazines such as The Strait Times,The Newpaper,etc. Recently,some of my works even appeared on local TV Channel-8's mandarin dramas such as 'Like Father Like Daughter' & so on. In 2005,I was being invited to appear on TV under 'Arts Central' channel for a Christmas programme call 'X'mas Mambo'.

I'll be posting my favourite works as well as events related to it from time to time & please feel free to drop by my blog to view them.
Cheers!

No comments: